Jump to Main Content
- Isac, Luminita, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.208 pp. 1030-1040
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; atomic force microscopy; calcium oxide; ceramics; contact angle; crystal structure; energy; fly ash; mechanical testing; polyethylene; polyethylene terephthalates; powders; recycled materials; rubber; temperature; tires; titanium dioxide; wastes; zinc oxide
- ... The aim of this study is the development of new multifunctional composites with controlled interface properties, for products dedicated to the sustainable built environment. The composites were obtained from recycled materials: rubber from waste tyres as matrix, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) as reinforcement material and high density polyethylene (HDPE) as additive. Composites composition was v ...
- Isac, Luminita, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2016 v.320 pp. 469-478
- X-ray diffraction; adsorbents; adsorption; atomic force microscopy; dichloroacetic acid; energy; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; fly ash; imidacloprid; mineralization; phenol; photocatalysis; photocatalysts; photolysis; pollutants; porosity; powders; scanning electron microscopy; semiconductors; solar radiation; titanium dioxide; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water pollution
- ... Materials with photocatalytic and adsorption properties for advanced wastewater treatment targeting reuse were studied. Making use of TiO2 as a well-known photocatalyst, Cu2S as a Vis-active semiconductor, and fly ash as a good adsorbent, dispersed mixtures/composites were prepared to remove pollutants from wastewater. X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, energy-dispersive X-Ray spectr ...