Jump to Main Content
- Ishioka, Noriaki, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Physiologia plantarum 2017 v.161 no.2 pp. 285-293
- 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthase; 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid; abscisic acid; cytokinins; ethylene; ethylene production; genes; gibberellins; indole acetic acid; jasmonic acid; microgravity; rice; shoots
- ... We investigated the effects of microgravity environment on growth and plant hormone levels in dark‐grown rice shoots cultivated in artificial 1 g and microgravity conditions on the International Space Station (ISS). Growth of microgravity‐grown shoots was comparable to that of 1 g‐grown shoots. Endogenous levels of indole‐3‐acetic acid (IAA) in shoots remained constant, while those of abscisic aci ...
- Ishioka, Noriaki, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- The new phytologist 2017 v.215 no.4 pp. 1476-1489
- auxins; cucumbers; embryophytes; gene expression regulation; gravitropism; hydrotropism; microgravity; roots; seedlings; space flight
- ... Roots of land plants show gravitropism and hydrotropism in response to gravity and moisture gradients, respectively, for controlling their growth orientation. Gravitropism interferes with hydrotropism, although the mechanistic aspects are poorly understood. Here, we differentiated hydrotropism from gravitropism in cucumber roots by conducting clinorotation and spaceflight experiments. We also comp ...
- Ishioka, Noriaki, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- FEMS microbiology letters 2010 v.307 no.1 pp. 72-79
- Pleurotus ostreatus; complementary DNA; fruiting bodies; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; gravitropism; microgravity; mushrooms; phenotype; suppression subtractive hybridization
- ... In response to a change in the direction of gravity, morphogenetic changes of fruiting bodies of fungi are usually observed as gravitropism. Although gravitropism in higher fungi has been studied for over 100 years, there is no convincing evidence regarding the graviperception mechanism in mushrooms. To understand gravitropism in mushrooms, we isolated differentially expressed genes in Pleurotus o ...