Jump to Main Content
- Islam, Md. Nazibul, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Agriculture & food security 2018 v.7 no.1 pp. 17
- Musa; UHT milk; bananas; beef; beverages; chicken meat; cooked foods; dried milk; fish; food preservatives; food safety; formaldehyde; fruits; genome; human health; metabolism; milk; mutton; poultry; processed foods; shelf life; spectrophotometers; stakeholders; storage temperature; vegetables
- ... BACKGROUND: In recent years, formaldehyde is reported to be widely used as a food preservative to increase the shelf life of fruits and fishes in tropical countries. Formaldehyde is detrimental to human health. Hence, use of formaldehyde as a food preservative is legally prohibited in most of the countries. To regulate formaldehyde application in foods, the regulatory bodies often conduct on-the-s ...
- Islam, Md. Nazibul, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Cogent food & agriculture 2018 v.4 no.1
- Musa; ascorbic acid; bananas; calcium carbide; ethephon; ethylene glycol; fruits; health hazards; heating systems; hybrids; kerosene; markets; nutrition; nutritionists; nutritive value; orchards; physicians; ripening; risk; sugar content; titratable acidity; water content
- ... In recent years, the use of artificial fruit ripening agents has become prevalent mostly due to the commercial purposes. Different ripening agents are reported to be used to initiate the ripening process in fruits during off-seasons. However, the effects of these agents on the nutritional values of fruits are yet to be fully understood. The purpose of this study is to measure, analyze and compare ...