Jump to Main Content
- Ismail, Tarek G.
- Canadian journal of zoology 2018 v.96 no.7 pp. 667-679
- Clibanarius; coasts; discriminant analysis; geometry; habitats; littoral zone; morphometry; morphs; multivariate analysis; phenotypic plasticity; principal component analysis; salt marshes; sexual dimorphism; Red Sea
- ... The hermit crab Clibanarius signatus Heller, 1861 inhabits varied intertidal habitats of the Red Sea coast, such as rocky shores and mangrove littoral salt marshes. Shield-shape variation among three populations of C. signatus was analyzed with geometric morphometric methods. Shape variation was studied through multivariate analyses using configurations aligned by the generalized Procrustes analys ...
- Ismail, Tarek, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biomaterials 2019 v.192 pp. 118-127
- adipose tissue; bone formation; bone substitutes; bones; cartilage; endothelial cells; engineering; histology; pellets; rats; surgery
- ... Large and complex bone defects represent challenging clinical scenarios, typically requiring autologous vascularized bone transplants. In order to bypass the numerous associated limitations, here we aimed at ectopically prefabricating a bone graft surrogate with vascular pedicle.A hollow cylinder of devitalized cancellous bone was used to define the space of a large bone substitute. This space was ...