Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: roman?
- Itxaso San Román, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food research international 2015 v.72 pp. 198-207
- Amyelois transitella; Cydia pomonella; attractants; emissions; fungi; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; growing season; headspace analysis; insect pests; larvae; mechanical damage; mixing; monoterpenoids; moths; multivariate analysis; odors; orchards; pheromone blends; solid phase microextraction; tumor necrosis factors; volatile compounds; walnuts; Central Valley of California
- ... The codling moth (Cydia pomonella) and navel orangeworm (Amyelois transitella) are insect pests that inflict serious economic damage to California walnuts. Feeding by these larvae causes physical damage to the nut and can lead to contamination by aflatoxigenic fungi. Over the years volatile natural products have played a critical role in efforts to control or monitor these and other insect pest mo ...
- Itxaso San Román, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Phytochemical analysis 2015 v.26 no.6 pp. 395-403
- Centaurea solstitialis; adsorbents; analysis of variance; biomarkers; chemical ecology; container-grown plants; flowers; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; headspace analysis; insects; mechanical damage; principal component analysis; volatile compounds
- ... INTRODUCTION: Understanding the complex chemical signalling of plants and insects is an important component of chemical ecology. Accordingly, the collection and analysis of chemical cues from plants in their natural environment is integral to elucidation of plant–insect communications. Remote plant locations and the need for a large number of replicates make in situ headspace analyses a daunting l ...