Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: inaki?
- Iwaki, Aya, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Yeast 2018 v.35 no.7 pp. 465-475
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; biomass; breeding; ethanol production; fermentation; furfural; genes; hydroxymethylfurfural; lignocellulose; messenger RNA; mutants; protein content; protein synthesis; transcriptional activation; vanillin; yeasts
- ... Vanillin, furfural and 5‐hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF) are representative fermentation inhibitors generated during the pretreatment process of lignocellulosic biomass in bioethanol production. These biomass conversion inhibitors, particularly vanillin, are known to repress translation activity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. We have reported that the mRNAs of ADH7 and BDH2 were efficiently translated u ...
- Iwaki, Aya, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2014 v.117 pp. 33-38
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; biomass; fermentation; furfural; genes; lignocellulose; mitochondria; mutants; oxidative stress; toxicity; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transcriptional activation; vanillin; yeasts
- ... Vanillin and furfural are derived from lignocellulosic biomass and inhibit yeast growth and fermentation as biomass conversion inhibitors. Furfural has been shown to induce oxidative stress in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Since there has been no report on the relationship between vanillin and oxidative stress, we investigated whether vanillin caused oxidative stress in yeast cells. We showed that van ...