Jump to Main Content
- Iwaya, Katsuya, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2014 v.136 no.49 pp. 17201-17206
- electronics; energy; image analysis; scanning tunneling microscopy; semiconductors; silicon; spectroscopy; strontium
- ... Oxide electronics is a promising alternative to the conventional silicon-based semiconductor technology, owing to the rich functionalities of oxide thin films and heterostructures. In contrast to the silicon surface, however, the electronic structure of the SrTiO₃ surface, the most important substrate for oxide thin films growth, is not yet completely understood. Here we report on the electronic s ...
- Iwaya, Katsuya, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2012 v.109 no.48 pp. 19610-19613
- graphene; physical properties; scanning tunneling microscopy; silicon carbide; spectroscopy
- ... Success in isolating a 2D graphene sheet from bulky graphite has triggered intensive studies of its physical properties as well as its application in devices. Graphite intercalation compounds (GICs) have provided a platform of exotic quantum phenomena such as superconductivity, but it is unclear whether such intercalation is feasible in the thinnest 2D limit (i.e., bilayer graphene). Here we repor ...
- PubMed Central: