Jump to Main Content
- Jaikumar, V., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.228 pp. 580-593
- adsorption; aquatic environment; biological treatment; chromium; effluents; electrochemistry; electrocoagulation; health effects assessments; industrial wastewater; mining; oxidation; particulates; photocatalysis; tanneries; toxicity; wastewater treatment
- ... In current era, the presence of chromium in aquatic environment are increasing diversely due to evolution activities. Chromium exist in various oxidation state and among them hexavalent chromium is viewed as natural contamination with high poisonous quality and portability. The release of chromium and its particulates go into oceanic medium by the effluents released from ventures like tanneries, m ...
- Jaikumar, V., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Sustainable materials and technologies 2017 v.11 pp. 1-11
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; activated carbon; adsorbents; adsorption; aqueous solutions; biosorbents; corn cobs; heat production; kinetics; methylene blue; microwave treatment; pH; prediction; pyrolysis; scanning electron microscopy; sorption isotherms; temperature; wastewater
- ... In this study, the waste from the microwave assisted pyrolysis of the corncob process was utilized as an effective adsorbent for the removal of cationic dye (methylene blue) from the aqueous solution. The surface characteristics of microwave assisted corncob (MACC) were investigated by Fourier transform infrared spectrometer (FTIR) and Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) analysis techniques. The in ...