Jump to Main Content
- Jakubczyk, Dorota, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Chemical communications 2016 v.52 no.99 pp. 14306-14309
- Aspergillus japonicus; biosynthesis; chemical reactions; ergot alkaloids; fungi; oxidoreductases
- ... Aj_EasH is a non-heme iron- and α-keto-glutarate-dependent oxidase that is responsible for an unusual cyclopropyl ring formation in the biosynthesis of the fungal ergot alkaloid cycloclavine. The three dimensional structure of Aj_EasH (2.2 Å resolution) reported here provides insight into the mechanism of this unusual and complex reaction. ...
- Jakubczyk, Dorota, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Langmuir 2012 v.28 no.22 pp. 8456-8462
- Raman spectroscopy; binding sites; eukaryotic cells; gene expression; lactones; lipid bilayers; microbial communities; population density; quorum sensing; silica
- ... N-Acyl-l-homoserine lactones (AHLs) are small cell-to-cell signaling molecules involved in the regulation of population density and local gene expression in microbial communities. Recent evidence shows that contact of this signaling system, usually referred to as quorum sensing, to living eukaryotes results in interactions of AHL with host cells in a process termed “interkingdom signaling”. So far ...
- PubMed Central: