Jump to Main Content
- Jamal, Mamdoh T., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- 3 Biotech 2018 v.8 no.10 pp. 437
- Bacillus (bacteria); Clostridium; Ochrobactrum; Paenibacillus; Pseudomonas; Sphingobacterium; Stenotrophomonas; air; anodes; bacterial communities; biofilm; carbon; cathodes; chemical oxygen demand; dyes; electricity; microbial fuel cells; phylogeny; platinum; power generation; sustainable technology; total suspended solids; wastewater
- ... Single chamber air cathode microbial fuel cell (MFC) is a promising and sustainable technology to generate electricity. In the present study, the potential of air cathode MFC treating dye processing wastewater was investigated at various organic loads with interest focused on power densities, organic removal and coulombic efficiencies. The highest power density of about 515 mW/m² (6.03 W/m³) with ...
- Jamal, Mamdoh T., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Marine biotechnology 2006 v.8 no.6 pp. 587-592
- Bacillus licheniformis; Enterococcus; Listeria monocytogenes; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; beta-amylase; heat; macroalgae; methicillin; pH; peptidase K; polysorbates; sodium chloride; trypsin; tryptones
- ... Of 131 bacterial isolates from seaweed, a culture of Bacillus licheniformis produced a novel protein with antibacterial activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, vancomycin-resistant enterococci, and Listeria monocytogenes. The antibacterial activity was maximal in cultures prepared in Columbia broth containing pieces of synthetic polyurethane sponge and shaken at 210 to 230 rp ...