Jump to Main Content
- Janoszowska, Dagmar, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of zoo and wildlife medicine 2013 v.44 no.1 pp. 173-175
- Escherichia coli; Tapirus terrestris; abscess; antibiotics; bacteria; beta-lactamase; genes; lungs; pastures; phylogeny; pneumonia; polymerase chain reaction; pulsed-field gel electrophoresis; therapeutics; zoo animals
- ... Only a few reports exist on the occurrence of resistant bacteria in zoo animals. Therefore, an isolation of multiresistant Escherichia coli from the lungs of a captive South American tapir (Tapirus terrestris) lead to its characterization and further investigation of samples from animals inhabiting the same paddock and from the shared environment. The tapir suffered from an intermandibular abscess ...
- Janoszowska, Dagmar, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2010 v.76 no.24 pp. 8126-8134
- Anas platyrhynchos; Escherichia coli; Larus argentatus; agar; antibiotic resistance; beta-lactamase; coasts; feces; genes; nalidixic acid; plasmids; polymerase chain reaction; water birds; wild birds; Baltic Sea; Poland
- ... Individual cloacal swabs of mallards (Anas platyrhynchos) and of herring gulls (Larus argentatus), as well as samples of waterbird feces obtained in 2008 and 2009, were cultivated for Escherichia coli. Isolates of E. coli were tested for susceptibilities to 12 antimicrobial agents by the disk diffusion method. Moreover, the samples were subcultivated on MacConkey agar (MCA) containing cefotaxime ( ...