Jump to Main Content
- Jaramillo, Miguel, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Economics letters 2019 v.179 pp. 16-18
- attitudes and opinions; decision making; economics; field experimentation; prediction; risk
- ... We study the impact of interpersonal comparisons on risk preferences in an artefactual field experiment. In our experiment, each decision maker (DM) is randomly paired with someone else in her neighborhood and makes a series of decisions that allows us to measure her risk attitudes under one of three conditions: In treatment 1, the DM’s payoff is above the neighbor’s payoff with certainty. In trea ...
- Zamudio-Jaramillo, Miguel A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2009 v.84 no.1 pp. 100-105
- Lactobacillus reuteri; bacteriocins; biomass; calcium alginate; immobilized cells; mass transfer
- ... BACKGROUND: Lactobacillus reuteri NRRL B-14171 was immobilized in spherical calcium alginate beads to study reuterin production.RESULTS: In relation to free cells (82 mmol L⁻¹), the immobilized cells showed a sharp increase in reaction rate and achieved similar conversions with a reduction in the required biomass. Tests for mass transfer limitations on the reaction rate indicated that neither intr ...