Jump to Main Content
- Javied, Sabiha, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of environmental management 2019 v.241 pp. 243-250
- air; algae culture; aluminum; biofuels; biomass; bioremediation; carbon dioxide; coal; copper; energy; feedstocks; flue gas; greenhouse gas emissions; heavy metals; iron; manganese; microalgae; photobioreactors; pollution; power plants; toxicity; zinc
- ... Sustainability assessments have revealed that integration of CO2 from coal-fired flue gas with microalgae cultivation systems could reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The technical goal of this integration is to utilize exhaust from coal power plants to enhance microalgae cultivation processes by capturing and recycling of carbon dioxide from a more toxic to a less toxic form. However, heavy metals ...
- Javied, Sabiha-, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of hazardous materials 2011 v.192 no.1 pp. 78-85
- calcium carbonate; fertilizers; gamma radiation; germanium; limestone; pollution; radionuclides; rock phosphate; soil; spectroscopy; wastes; Pakistan
- ... The NORM (naturally occurring radioactive material) in phosphate rock is transferred as TENORM (technologically enhanced naturally occurring radioactive material) to phosphatic fertilizers and to the waste generated by the chemical processes. The waste generated at the NP (nitrophosphate) fertilizer plant at Multan in Pakistan is PCC (precipitated calcium carbonate). Thirty samples of the PCC were ...