Jump to Main Content
- Jensen, Scott L., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Rangeland ecology & management 2019 v.72 no.3 pp. 492-500
- Astragalus filipes; arid lands; basins; ecosystems; fabrics; forbs; germination; indigenous species; mortality; pathogens; plant establishment; plant protection; seedling emergence; soil fungi; soil water; spring
- ... The restoration of native forbs in the Great Basin and similar dryland ecosystems remains a great challenge for land managers. Variable soil water, precocious germination and emergence, and the presence of soil fungal pathogens often reduce plant establishment. Novel restoration treatments that increase soil water during early forb life stages, delay germination and emergence to coincide with favo ...
- Jensen, Scott L., et al. Show all 24 Authors
- Restoration ecology 2018 v.26 no.6 pp. 1055-1060
- arid lands; climate change; deserts; ecological restoration; ecosystems; energy; grazing; livestock; plateaus; public lands; recreation; stakeholders; Western United States
- ... The Colorado Plateau is one of North America's five major deserts, encompassing 340,000 km² of the western United States, and offering many opportunities for restoration relevant to researchers and land managers in drylands around the globe. The Colorado Plateau is comprised of vast tracts of public land managed by local, state, and federal agencies that oversee a wide range of activities (e.g., m ...