Jump to Main Content
- Jho, Eun Hye, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food chemistry 2011 v.129 no.4 pp. 1559-1566
- carcinogenesis; colorectal neoplasms; cyclic GMP; genes; phosphorylation; protein synthesis; xanthones
- ... Aberrant activation of Wnt/Î²-catenin signalling via genetic errors within Î²-catenin or APC has a crucial role in carcinogenesis. Here, we studied two xanthones, Î±- and Î³-mangostin, as inhibitors of Wnt/Î²-catenin signalling. The mangostins inhibited TCF/Î²-catenin transcriptional activity. The mangostins also inhibited protein expression of Î²-catenin in colon cancer cells, but the inhibition ...
- Jho, Eun Hye, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2011 v.165 no.5-6 pp. 1296-1307
- Phaeophycophyta; acetates; antioxidant activity; carotenoids; cell death; chlorophyll; coasts; ethanol; free radical scavengers; hepatoprotective effect; hepatotoxicity; oxidative stress; quercetin; spectroscopy; Japan; Korean Peninsula
- ... Eisenia bicyclis (Kjellman) Setchell is a common brown alga that inhabits the middle Pacific coast around Korea and Japan. In this study, the ethanol extract and its serial solvent fractions were prepared from fresh E. bicyclis, and their hepatoprotective effects were investigated against hepatotoxicity in tert-butyl hyperoxide(t-BHP)-injured HepG2 cells. When these samples were used at a dose of ...