Jump to Main Content
- Ji, Cheng-Min, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2017 v.139 no.24 pp. 8086-8089
- hydrogen bonding; macrocyclic compounds; molecular dynamics; molecular rotors; phase transition; simulation models
- ... A new strategy for the construction of crystalline molecular rotors is presented. The combination of a conformation-modifiable macrocyclic host and two cooperative guests affords one supramolecular gyroscope-like compound, (t-BuNH₃)(18-crown-6)[ZnCl₃(H₂O)], in which the coordinated water molecule functions as an ultrasmall polar rotator, revealed by its significant dielectric relaxation and the mo ...
- Ji, Cheng-Min, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemical communications 2017 v.53 no.42 pp. 5764-5766
- ambient temperature; chemical compounds; chemical reactions; dielectric properties; phase transition
- ... An organic–inorganic hybrid compound, [C₆H₅CH₂CH₂NH₃]₂[CdI₄], exhibits a reversible ferroelectric phase transition at 301/297 K. Switchable dielectric constant, second harmonic generation, and pyroelectricity were synchronously observed accompanied by the order–disorder phase transition. This finding promotes research on molecular ferroelectrics to search for promising multifunctional switching ma ...