Jump to Main Content
- Jiménez-Alvarado, David, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Helgoland marine research 2019 v.73 no.1 pp. 10
- Sepia; females; gonads; males; morphometry; oocytes; Africa
- ... Analysis of 322 cuttlebones of Sepia bertheloti caught in the waters of the Northwest Africa showed significant differences in growth between males and females. Morphometric analysis revealed a relatively different cuttlebone growth pattern between sexes, with males presenting faster growth in length to reach larger sizes and females displaying greater growth in width. This difference in cuttlebon ...
- Jiménez Alvarado, David, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Aquatic conservation 2017 v.27 no.6 pp. 1133-1144
- Squatina; biogeography; breeding season; chlorophyll; coastal water; extinction; females; habitat preferences; habitats; islands; males; models; neonates; population structure; probability; reefs; salinity; sharks; surface water temperature; threatened species; Canary Islands; Europe
- ... Angel sharks are among the most threatened fish worldwide, facing regional and global extinction. In Europe, populations of the three Critically Endangered angel sharks (Squatina aculeata, Squatina oculata and Squatina squatina) have been severely depleted. Taking advantage of the last global ‘hotspot’ of the angelshark, Squatina squatina, this study gathered data through a citizen science program ...