Jump to Main Content
- Jin, Wan-qin, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Process Biochemistry 2015 v.50 pp. 614-622
- Clostridium acetobutylicum; butanol; fermenters; fouling; immobilized cells; pH; pervaporation; solvents; sugarcane bagasse
- ... The effects of pH and cell immobilization on acetone–butanol–ethanol (ABE) production coupled with a pervaporation membrane have been investigated using Clostridium acetobutylicum XY16. The solvent productivity of 0.29g/L/h was obtained using a two-stage controlled-pH in the coupled process, which was 11% higher than a previous process without pH control, nevertheless, membrane was still fouled. F ...
- Jin, Wan-Qin, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Bioprocess and biosystems engineering 2012 v.35 no.7 pp. 1057-1065
- Clostridium acetobutylicum; batch fermentation; butanol; ceramics; cleaning; culture media; permeates; pervaporation; solvents
- ... PDMS/ceramic composite membrane was directly integrated with acetoneâbutanolâethanol (ABE) fermentation using Clostridium acetobutylicum XY16 at 37Â Â°C and in situ removing ABE from fermentation broth. The membrane was integrated with batch fermentation, and approximately 46Â % solvent was extracted. The solvent in permeates was 118Â g/L, and solvent productivity was 0.303Â g/(L/h), which was ...