Jump to Main Content
- Johansson, Gunnar K., et al. Show all 2 Author
- American journal of clinical nutrition 2002 v.76 no.1 pp. 100-106
- adolescents; blood; cakes; calcium; candy; chocolate; cookies; dietary supplements; eating habits; energy intake; excretion; females; folic acid; legumes; males; nitrogen; nutrients; nutrition knowledge; nutritional status; omnivores; potassium; riboflavin; selenium; sodium; urine; vegetables; vitamin B12; vitamin D; Sweden
- ... Background: Adolescents sometimes become vegetarian for ethical rather than health reasons. This may result in health problems caused by lack of interest in and knowledge of nutrition. Objective: We compared the dietary intake and nutritional status of young Swedish vegans and omnivores. Design: The dietary intakes of 30 vegans (15 males and 15 females; mean age: 17.5 +/- 1.0 y) and 30 sex-, age-, ...
- Johansson, Gunnar K., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- American journal of clinical nutrition 2003 v.78 no.1 pp. 84-90
- basal metabolic rate; biomarkers; cross-sectional studies; dairy products; dietary surveys; energy intake; epidemiology; fasting; foods; insulin; men; metabolic syndrome; physical activity; polyunsaturated fatty acids; potassium; sodium; urine
- ... Background: Underreporting is a common problem in dietary surveys. Few studies have shown the implication of this when investigating diet-disease relations. Objective: We investigated how underreporting affects the associations between dietary factors and the metabolic syndrome. Design: Dietary intake measured with a 7-d food record, fasting insulin concentrations, and other variables of the metab ...