Jump to Main Content
- Johnsen, Jahn P, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Fish and fisheries 2018 v.19 no.2 pp. 377-389
- cybernetics; fisheries; politics; social environment
- ... Governability is an important concept in the political and environmental social sciences with increasing application to socio‐ecological systems such as fisheries. Indeed, governability analyses of fisheries and related systems such as marine‐protected areas have generated innovative ways to implement sustainability ideals. Yet, despite progress made, we argue that there remain limitations in curr ...
- Johnsen, Jahn P
- Fish and fisheries 2014 v.15 no.3 pp. 428-444
- fisheries; governance; Norway
- ... Are there limits to the governability of a fishery? The establishment of a 200 nautical mile economic zone in Norway in 1977 made it possible to change from an open‐access regime to a more closed one. In this process, the former self‐regulating Norwegian fishing industry, to a large extent, accepted and adapted an explicit, hierarchical form of state‐run governance. However, the process of change ...