Jump to Main Content
- Johnson, Lu Ann K., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Biological trace element research 2017 v.177 no.1 pp. 43-52
- Dietary Reference Intakes; balance studies; blood serum; body weight; excretion; food intake; magnesium; nutrient deficiencies; nutrient requirements; public health; repletion; Canada; United States
- ... Determination of whether magnesium (Mg) is a nutrient of public health concern has been hindered by questionable Dietary Recommended Intakes (DRIs) and problematic status indicators that make Mg deficiency assessment formidable. Balance data obtained since 1997 indicate that the EAR and RDA for 70-kg healthy individuals are about 175 and 250 mg/day, respectively, and these DRIs decrease or increas ...
- Johnson, Lu Ann, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Developmental brain research 1984 v.16 no.1 pp. 21
- zinc; nutrient deficiencies; cerebellum; dendrites; neurons; cell differentiation; morphometry; postnatal development; malnutrition; rats
- ... The effects of zinc deficiency and undernutrition on the dendritic differentiation of basket and stellate cells were studied in 21-day-old rats. A morphometric analysis of the dendritic branching of basket and stellate neurons was used that took into account the cell's position in the molecular layer. Zinc deficiency and undernutrition during the suckling period impaired the dendritic differentiat ...