Jump to Main Content
- Joly, C.A., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Perspectives in ecology and conservation 2018 v.16 no.4 pp. 208-214
- biodiversity; climate change; compliance; debt; ecosystems; extinction; forests; indigenous species; land cover; landowners; laws and regulations; riparian areas; spatial data; sustainable development; vegetation cover; Brazil
- ... New remote sensing data on vegetation cover and restoration opportunities bring hope to the Brazilian Atlantic Forest, one of the hottest of the 36 global biodiversity hotspots. Available estimates of remaining vegetation cover in the biome currently range from 11% to 16%. However, our new land-cover map, prepared at the highest resolution ever (5m), reveals a current vegetation cover of 28%, or 3 ...
- Joly, C.A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2003 v.26 no.3 pp. 389-399
- tropical rain forests; forest trees; nitrogen; nitrogen metabolism; chemical constituents of plants; xylem; sap; leaves; net assimilation rate; nitrates; asparagine; arginine; soil nutrients; nutrient availability; forest succession; evolutionarily stable strategy; forest regeneration; Brazil
- ... The characteristics of nitrogen acquisition, transport and assimilation were investigated in species of an Atlantic Forest succession over calcareous soil in south-eastern Brazil. Differences in behaviour were observed within the regeneration guilds. Pioneer species showed high leaf nitrogen contents, a high capacity to respond to increased soil nitrogen availability, a high capacity for leaf nitr ...