Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: jones?
- Jonas, Mark, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of plant research 2019 v.132 no.1 pp. 33-47
- Arabidopsis thaliana; anthropogenic activities; carbon dioxide enrichment; climate change; ethyl methanesulfonate; evolution; genetic background; genetic variation; genotype-environment interaction; heritability; induced mutation; models; mutagenesis; mutagens; phenotype; phenotypic plasticity; prediction
- ... A key step toward predicting responses to climate change is characterizing genetic variation in populations. While short-term responses will likely be shaped by currently available genetic variation, longer-term evolutionary responses will depend on the supply of novel variation by, ultimately, mutation. Studying mutational contributions to phenotypic variation can provide insights into the extent ...
- Jonas, Mark, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Genetica 2016 v.144 no.1 pp. 107-124
- DNA; Drosophila; Scaptomyza; acrocentric chromosomes; founder effect; genome; haploidy; heterochromatin; karyotyping; satellite DNA; satellites
- ... This paper reports genome sizes of one Hawaiian Scaptomyza and 16 endemic Hawaiian Drosophila species that include five members of the antopocerus species group, one member of the modified mouthpart group, and ten members of the picture wing clade. Genome size expansions have occurred independently multiple times among Hawaiian Drosophila lineages, and have resulted in an over 2.3-fold range of ge ...