Jump to Main Content
- Joo, C.K., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Nutrition 2006 v.22 no.6 pp. 668-671
- ischemia; nitric oxide synthase; acute course; cell death; nitric oxide; nutritional intervention; free radicals; neurons; retina; lutein; prostaglandin synthase; antioxidants; biochemical mechanisms; enzyme activity; antioxidant activity; oxidative stress
- Joo, C.K., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Archives of insect biochemistry and physiology 1997 v.35 no.3 pp. 335-345
- lysozyme; messenger RNA; Hyphantria cunea; complementary DNA; structural genes; phylogeny; amino acid sequences; gene expression; nucleotide sequences; immune response; enzyme activity; Escherichia coli
- ... A protein with lytic activity against Micrococcus luteus was purified from the hemolymph of the fall webworm, Hyphantria cunea, larvae challenged with live E. coli. A bacteriolytic protein of about 14,000 daltons in mass was purified by cation exchange chromatography and reverse-phased HPLC. The optimum pH and optimum temperature range for activity were around pH 6.2 and 50 degrees C, respectively ...