Jump to Main Content
- Joosse, Willemien, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Hydrobiologia 2003 v.506-509 no.1-3 pp. 611-623
- Alisma; Chara; Myriophyllum spicatum; Potamogeton perfoliatus; Stuckenia pectinata; environmental factors; habitats; lakes; macrophytes; models; probability; regression analysis; silt; surface water level; turbidity; vegetation; wind; Netherlands
- ... Logistic regression was used to analyse the relationship between six submerged macrophyte taxa (Chara spp., Potamogeton perfoliatus, Potamogeton pectinatus, Potamogeton pusillus, Myriophyllum spicatum, Alisma gramineum and sum of all species) and four environmental variables (turbidity, effective wind fetch, water depth and sediment silt percentage, including interactions and some quadratic terms) ...
- Joosse, Willemien, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Ecosystems 2007 v.10 no.1 pp. 4-16
- Chara; Dreissena polymorpha; bream; case studies; chlorophyll; data collection; ecological resilience; ecosystems; eutrophication; filtration; hysteresis; keystone species; lakes; macrophytes; nutrients; sediments; water management; wind; Netherlands
- ... In this paper we analyze a long-term dataset on the recovery from eutrophication of Lake Veluwe (The Netherlands). Clear hysteresis was observed in a number of ecosystem variables: the route to recovery differed significantly from the route that led to loss of clear water. The macrophyte dominated state disappeared in the late 1960s at TP above 0.20 mg l-¹, whereas its return occurred at less than ...