Jump to Main Content
- Joseph, Jiju M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- RSC advances 2015 v.5 no.36 pp. 28570-28581
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Raman spectroscopy; cations; chemical bonding; dissociation; gamma radiation; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrophobicity; ionic liquids; moieties; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; radiolysis; ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy; viscosity
- ... The effects of γ-radiation on the physicochemical and ion transport properties of phosphonium-based ionic liquids (ILs) were investigated. Five ILs that have different physical properties of hydrophobicity, viscosity and conductivity were studied. Gaseous radiolysis products were analyzed using GC-MS, and the IL phase was analyzed using UV-vis, NMR, FTIR and Raman spectroscopy, and conductivity me ...
- Joseph, Jiju M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of colloid and interface science 2011 v.361 no.1 pp. 338-350
- Raman spectroscopy; air; emulsifying; emulsions; gamma radiation; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; headspace analysis; irradiation; micelles; spectrometers; surfactants; viscosity
- ... The effect of γ-radiation on gas-ionic liquid (IL) and water-IL interfacial stability was investigated. Three phosphonium-based ILs, which vary considerably in their viscosity, conductivity and miscibility with water, were examined. The gas phase above the IL samples (headspace gas) was analyzed using gas chromatography with a mass spectrometer detector while the changes in the IL and aqueous phas ...