Jump to Main Content
- Juhász, Szilvia, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Molecular cell 2018 v.71 no.1 pp. 11-24.e7
- DNA damage; DNA repair; chromatin; crossing over; histones; homologous recombination; neoplasms; proliferating cell nuclear antigen; telomeres
- ... ATRX is a chromatin remodeler that, together with its chaperone DAXX, deposits the histone variant H3.3 in pericentromeric and telomeric regions. Notably, ATRX is frequently mutated in tumors that maintain telomere length by a specific form of homologous recombination (HR). Surprisingly, in this context, we demonstrate that ATRX-deficient cells exhibit a defect in repairing exogenously induced DNA ...
- Juhász, Szilvia, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Molecular cell 2017 v.65 no.4 pp. 671-684.e5
- DNA; DNA damage; DNA repair; carcinogenesis; heterochromatin; homologous recombination; resection; tumor suppressor proteins
- ... Canonical non-homologous end joining (c-NHEJ) repairs DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs) in G1 cells with biphasic kinetics. We show that DSBs repaired with slow kinetics, including those localizing to heterochromatic regions or harboring additional lesions at the DSB site, undergo resection prior to repair by c-NHEJ and not alt-NHEJ. Resection-dependent c-NHEJ represents an inducible process during ...
- PubMed Central: