Jump to Main Content
- Jung, Da Sol, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.125 pp. 668-673
- amylose; cohesion; cooking quality; glucose; glycemic index; gum arabic; hardness; in vitro digestion; noodles; rice; steaming; water content
- ... The effects of arabic gum on the quality attributes of rice noodles were characterized in terms of physical properties as well as in vitro starch digestibility. Segoami (high amylose rice) was used to develop rice noodle with low predicted glycemic index (pGI). First, the processing condition for Segoami noodle was investigated at different levels of water content (100%–175%) and steaming time (1– ...
- Jung, Da Sol, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2017 v.104 pp. 442-448
- amylose; dietary fiber; gels; guar gum; gum arabic; hydrocolloids; in vitro digestion; locust bean gum; principal component analysis; rheological properties; rice; rice flour; sodium alginate; variance; xanthan gum
- ... The influence of hydrocolloids on in vitro starch digestibility and rheological properties of Segoami (a new rice variety fortified with amylose and dietary fiber) gel was investigated in terms of type (sodium alginate, arabic gum, guar gum, locust bean gum, and xanthan gum) and addition levels (0.3–0.7% for rice flour weight) of hydrocolloids. In addition, the behavior of hydrocolloids was analyz ...