Jump to Main Content
- Jung, Tae-Yang, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2019 v.129 pp. 201-210
- B-cell lymphoma; antioxidants; apoptosis; blood serum; caspase-3; cisplatin; creatinine; histopathology; kidneys; mechanism of action; melatonin; non-specific serine/threonine protein kinase; oxidative stress; phosphorylation; protective effect; rats; toxicology; urea nitrogen
- ... This study investigated the protective effects of melatonin (MT) against cisplatin (CP)-induced acute kidney injury in rats as well as its possible mechanism of action associated with anti-aging protein Klotho. The following four experimental groups were evaluated: vehicle control, CP (7 mg/kg), CP&MT20 (20 mg/kg/day), and CP&MT40 (40 mg/kg/day). The concomitant administration of MT significantly ...
- Jung, Tae-Yang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- BBA - Proteins and Proteomics 2013 v.1834 pp. 380-386
- Pyrococcus furiosus; active sites; amylases; crystal structure; cyclodextrins; glycosides; industrial applications; mutants; mutation; pullulan; thermal stability
- ... PFTA (Pyrococcus furiosus thermostable amylase) is a hyperthermophilic amylase isolated from the archaeon Pyrococcus furiosus. This enzyme possesses characteristics of both α-amylase- and cyclodextrin (CD)-hydrolyzing enzymes, allowing it to degrade pullulan, CD and acarbose—activities that are absent in most α-amylases—without the transferring activity that is common in CD-hydrolyzing enzymes. Th ...