Jump to Main Content
- Jyoti, Jivan, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.126 pp. 427-435
- acetic acid; animal models; antioxidants; apoptosis; apples; coatings; colitis; drugs; guar gum; histopathology; intestinal microorganisms; metastasis; neoplasms; prebiotics; probiotics; rats; therapeutics
- ... Modified Apple Polysaccharide (MAP) has been reported to cure colorectal diseases by up-regulating apoptosis and down regulating metastasis. In the present study, mesalamine (MES) and MAP mini tablets have been prepared and co-administered with probiotics to provide site specific release of drug. Probiotics along with MAP, which acts as a prebiotic would replenish the colonic microflora that have ...
- Jyoti, Jivan, et al. Show all 18 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2018 v.120 pp. 1975-1998
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; adsorption; apples; binding agents; differential scanning calorimetry; granules; hardness; liquids; polysaccharides; polyvinylpyrrolidone; scanning electron microscopy; solidification; spray drying; trehalose
- ... In the present study application of Modified Apple Polysaccharide (MAP) as tablet binder was evaluated. Liquid MAP was extracted from apple and solidified by adsorbing it on porous surface of Aerosil-200 and trehalose and this dispersion was dried using spray dryer. The concentration of excipients as well as spray drying conditions was optimised by using Box Behnken Design to achieve desirable pow ...