Jump to Main Content
- Kadriaj, Perparim, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of vector ecology 2019 v.44 no.1 pp. 94-104
- Aedes; Anopheles; Coquillettidia; Culex pipiens; Culiseta; DNA barcoding; Uranotaenia; arboviruses; disease outbreaks; fauna; monitoring; mosquito control; public health; risk; Kosovo
- ... The aim of this study is to identify the mosquito species that currently exist and their distributions in Kosovo in order to determine current potential endemic zones and areas at a higher risk for future epidemics. These scientific data will be shared with public health authorities for implementing mosquito control programs. During a two-year period of monitoring in 48 localities in 23 provinces ...
- Kadriaj, Perparim, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Vector borne and zoonotic diseases 2016 v.16 no.12 pp. 802-806
- quantitative polymerase chain reaction; Phlebotomus; humans; trapping; Sandfly fever Naples phlebovirus; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; DNA; males; Leishmania infantum; amino acids; viruses; visceral leishmaniasis; traps; RNA; females; pathogens; Albania
- ... Objective: To organize entomological campaigns to trap sand flies in selected regions of Albania and to test them for the presence of existing or new phleboviruses and for leishmania DNA.Methods: Sand flies were collected in 14 locations from May to October 2014 using three different types of traps. Pools with a maximum of 30 individuals were prepared according to gender, trapping site, and trappi ...
- Kadriaj, Perparim, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 223
- Aedes albopictus; adults; arboviruses; attractants; bait traps; dengue; eggs; females; germination; hay; humans; models; monitoring; oviposition; ovitraps; paper; polystyrenes; public health; risk assessment; sticky traps; temperate zones; Albania
- ... BACKGROUND: In the last decades, Aedes albopictus has become an increasing public health threat in tropical as well as in more recently invaded temperate areas due to its capacity to transmit several human arboviruses, among which Dengue, Chikungunya and Zika. Enhancing the efficiency of currently used collection approaches, such as ovitraps and sticky traps, is desirable for optimal monitoring of ...
- PubMed Central: