Jump to Main Content
- Kagami-Katsuyama, Hiroyo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2014 v.11 pp. 261-268
- Bifidobacterium longum; Lactobacillus gasseri; blood serum; clinical trials; corticotropin; cortisol; innate immunity; natural killer cells; placebos; probiotics; psychological stress; yogurt
- ... We conducted a placebo-controlled, randomized, double-blind clinical trial using a yogurt containing two different probiotics to test their immunomodulatory and stress-related functions. The subjects were divided into two groups (109 placebo subjects and 115 test subjects). The test yogurt contained two probiotics, Lactobacillus gasseri SBT2055 and Bifidobacterium longum SBT2928, in a starter yogu ...
- Kagami-Katsuyama, Hiroyo, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2014 v.7 pp. 487-494
- Bacteroidetes; Coix lacryma-jobi; Oriental traditional medicine; humans; intestinal microorganisms; placebos
- ... Adlay has been used as a traditional Chinese medicine and nutrient for its beneficial effects on bowel movements and skin care. This study examined the effect of enzymatic degradation product of adlay, “Super Hatomugi” (SPH) on human skin and the intestinal flora in a randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled study. The subjects were divided into three groups: 500mg SPH, 1000mg SPH, and placebo, ...