Jump to Main Content
- Kahwage, Priscila Reis, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Small ruminant research 2018 v.160 pp. 72-80
- genotype; heart rate; heat; production technology; rams; semen quality; sheep breeds; spermatozoa; spring; summer; sweating; temperature profiles; testes; thermal degradation; thermal stress; thermoregulation; tropics; wool
- ... The present study was carried out to assess the capacity of Morada Nova (MON) and Santa Inês (SIN) hair sheep breeds to maintain homeothermy and its relation with semen quality in a tropical climate. Sixteen rams (MON = 7 and SIN = 9) were assessed for 12 months. During summer and spring, the Temperature-Humidity Index values surpassed the level indicative of thermal stress, and sweating, respirat ...
- Kahwage, Priscila Reis, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- International journal of biometeorology 2017 v.61 no.10 pp. 1819-1829
- bioclimatology; breeds; correlation; genotype; heart rate; heat tolerance; normal values; rams; respiratory rate; semen quality; solar radiation; summer; surface temperature; testes; thermal degradation; thermography; thermoregulation
- ... This study aimed to assess the capacity of Morada Nova (MN) and Santa Inês (SIN) rams to maintain body and testicular homeothermy under thermal challenge. For 5 days in the summer, 16 males (SIN = 7 and MN = 9) underwent a heat tolerance test, i.e., period 1—animals maintained in the shade (11 to 12 h); period 2—animals exposed to sunlight (12 to 13 h); and period 3—animals returned to the shade ( ...