Jump to Main Content
- Kaliamoorthy, Sivasakthi, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Functional plant biology 2016 v.43 no.5 pp. 423-437
- Pennisetum glaucum; biomass production; breeding; drought; drought tolerance; endodermis; evaporative demand; genotype; leaf development; quantitative trait loci; rain; tillering; transpiration; vapor pressure; water utilization
- ... Traits influencing plant water use eventually define the fitness of genotypes for specific rainfall environments. We assessed the response of several water use traits to vapour pressure deficit (VPD) in pearl millet (Pennisetum glaucum (L.) R.Br.) genotypes known to differ in drought adaptation mechanisms: PRLT 2/89–33 (terminal drought-adapted parent), H 77/833–2 (terminal drought-sensitive paren ...
- Kaliamoorthy, Sivasakthi, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Functional plant biology 2014 v.41 no.11 pp. 1019-1034
- flowering; drought; vapor pressure; phenotype; vigor; tropics; transpiration; water stress; genotype; grain yield; leaves; leaf development; introgression; plant growth; models; livelihood; canopy; stress response; Sorghum bicolor; drying; stover
- ... Post-rainy sorghum (Sorghum bicolor (L.) Moench) production underpins the livelihood of millions in the semiarid tropics, where the crop is affected by drought. Drought scenarios have been classified and quantified using crop simulation. In this report, variation in traits that hypothetically contribute to drought adaptation (plant growth dynamics, canopy and root water conducting capacity, drough ...