Jump to Main Content
- Kalivitis, Nikos, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Atmospheric research 2020 v.239 pp. 104911
- autumn; comparative study; spring; sulfur dioxide; urban areas; Crete
- ... Atmospheric new particle formation (NPF) is an important source of submicron particles. In remote background environments where local sources are scarce such processes may impact significantly on climate-relevant parameters. On the other hand, in urban environments, newly-formed particles are adding up to submicron particles emitted from primary sources. As the exact mechanism which triggers NPF s ...
- Kalivitis, Nikos, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2020 v.714 pp. 136693
- aerosols; algorithms; autumn; climate change; dust; dust storms; land use; meteorological parameters; particulates; satellites; spring; summer; winter; Crete; Cyprus; Israel; Sahara Desert
- ... The characteristics of desert dust storms (DDS) have been shown to change in response to climate change and land use. There is limited information on the frequency and intensity of DDS over the last decade at a regional scale in the Eastern Mediterranean. An algorithm based on daily ground measurements (PM₁₀, particulate matter ≤10 μm), satellite products (dust aerosol optical depth) and meteorolo ...