Jump to Main Content
- Kambhampati, Shrikaar, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant methods 2019 v.15 no.1 pp. 46
- acid hydrolysis; amino acid composition; bovine serum albumin; cysteine; hydrophilic interaction chromatography; isoleucine; isotope labeling; leucine; metabolism; methane; methionine; monitoring; protein content; protein value; soy protein; sulfonic acids; tandem mass spectrometry; toxicity; tryptophan; ubiquitin
- ... BACKGROUND: Methods used to quantify protein from biological samples are often inaccurate with significant variability that requires care to minimize. The errors result from losses during protein preparation and purification and false detection of interfering compounds or elements. Amino acid analysis (AAA) involves a series of chromatographic techniques that can be used to measure protein levels, ...
- Kambhampati, Shrikaar, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Field crops research 2017 v.214 pp. 175-184
- Glycine max; adenine; breeding programs; cytokinins; field experimentation; filling period; gene editing; genes; greenhouses; high performance liquid chromatography; high-yielding varieties; isomers; marker-assisted selection; metabolism; metabolites; pods; seed development; seeds; soybeans; tandem mass spectrometry; yield components; zeatin
- ... While lab and greenhouse based studies have long indicated that cytokinins (CK) promote yield increases in soybean (Glycine max L.), it is not known if the relationship would be valid under more complex field conditions. Thus, an ambitious CK metabolite analysis was undertaken involving long-term field trials of commercial and historical soybean varieties to determine if differences between CK pro ...