Jump to Main Content
- Kamel, Emadeldin M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2020 v.138 pp. 111202
- Rumex dentatus; aerial parts; animal disease models; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; binding capacity; carbohydrate metabolism; computer simulation; electron transfer; enzymes; glycemic effect; hydrogen; hyperglycemia; inflammation; insulin resistance; liver; mechanism of action; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; oxidative stress; peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma; phenolic compounds; phytochemicals; plant extracts; rats; therapeutics
- ... Rumex dentatus L. is a flowering plant with promising therapeutic effects. This study investigated the antioxidant efficacy of phenolic compounds isolated from R. dentatus L. in vitro and by conducting density function theory (DFT) studies to explore the mechanisms of action. The antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antidiabetic effects of polyphenols-rich R. dentatus extract (RDE) were investigated ...
- Kamel, Emadeldin M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food & function 2016 v.7 no.4 pp. 2094-2106
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Trifolium resupinatum; animal models; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; chronic diseases; enzymes; flavonoids; fractionation; hepatoprotective effect; hepatotoxicity; inflammation; liver; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oxidative stress
- ... Plants from the genus Trifolium have been utilized in the treatment of chronic diseases by many cultures. The aim of this study was to investigate the antioxidant activity of flavonoids isolated from Trifolium resupinatum L. using an in vitro radical scavenging assay and a computational study of the structure–antioxidant activity relationship (SAR). A phytochemical fractionation of the ethanolic e ...