Jump to Main Content
- Kang, Jixiong, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Molecular plant-microbe interactions 2012 v.25 no.7 pp. 896-909
- Nicotiana benthamiana; Phytophthora sojae; amino acid substitution; cell death; germination; heterologous gene expression; plant pathogens; proteins; pseudogenes; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; sequence alignment; virulence
- ... Necrosis- and ethylene-inducing-like proteins (NLP) are widely distributed in eukaryotic and prokaryotic plant pathogens and are considered to be important virulence factors. We identified, in total, 70 potential Phytophthora sojae NLP genes but 37 were designated as pseudogenes. Sequence alignment of the remaining 33 NLP delineated six groups. Three of these groups include proteins with an intact ...
- Kang, Jixiong, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Chromosome research 2011 v.19 no.2 pp. 225-234
- Fusarium head blight; cultivars; disease control; fluorescence in situ hybridization; foods; landraces; loci; mutants; quantitative trait loci; reciprocal crosses; repetitive sequences; wheat; China
- ... Fusarium head blight (FHB), also called wheat scab, is an important disease in warm and humid regions worldwide, which not only reduces crop yield and grain quality, but also is a major safety concern in food and feed production due to mycotoxin contamination. Growing wheat cultivars with FHB resistance is one of the most economical and effective means to control the disease. Chinese wheat landrac ...