Jump to Main Content
- Karademir Andersson, Ahu, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Yeast 2017 v.34 no.3 pp. 95-109
- Saccharomyces; genetic engineering; genome; genomics; models; molecular biology; phylogeny; telomeres; yeasts
- ... Naumovozyma castellii (Saccharomyces castellii) is a member of the budding yeast family Saccharomycetaceae. It has been extensively used as a model organism for telomere biology research and has gained increasing interest as a budding yeast model for functional analyses owing to its amenability to genetic modifications. Owing to the suitable phylogenetic distance to S. cerevisiae, the whole genome ...
- Karademir Andersson, Ahu, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Yeast 2016 v.33 no.12 pp. 633-646
- DNA; Saccharomyces; asci; centromeres; diploidy; genes; genetic analysis; genetic markers; genomics; haploidy; heterothallic strains; hygromycin B; loci; mutants; point mutation; spores; sporulation; telomeres; uracil; yeasts
- ... The budding yeast Naumovozyma castellii (syn. Saccharomyces castellii) has been included in comparative genomics studies and functional analyses of centromere DNA elements, and has been shown to possess beneficial traits for telomere biology research. To provide useful tools for molecular genetic approaches, we produced stable haploid heterothallic strains from an early ancestral strain derived fr ...