Jump to Main Content
- Karlsson, Johanna Mård, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2015 v.529 pp. 134-145
- temporal variation; basins; rivers; evapotranspiration; permafrost; lakes; watersheds; runoff; Arctic region
- ... This paper investigates patterns of lake-area and hydro-climatic change in Arctic river basins, and possible influence of permafrost change reflected in such patterns. A salient change pattern, emerging across all investigated basins in both permafrost and non-permafrost areas, is an opposite change direction in runoff (R) from that in precipitation (P). To explain this change contrast, an increas ...
- Karlsson, Johanna Mård, et al. Show all 2 Author
- International journal of remote sensing 2011 v.32 no.1 pp. 267-285
- case studies; data collection; digital elevation models; floodplains; floods; radar; remote sensing; risk; topography; Mozambique
- ... Many countries still lack national digital elevation models (DEMs) and have to rely on global datasets, which can negatively influence the reliability of flood model results. Mozambique is considered the most risk prone country for floods in Southern Africa. In this study a quality and accuracy assessment of two global DEMs (Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM) and HYDRO1K) is presented for a s ...