Jump to Main Content
- Kasten, Rick W., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- cats; pets; cat diseases; Bartonella clarridgeiae; Bartonella henselae; bacterial infections; mixed infection; seroprevalence; seroconversion; disease incidence; disease severity; fluorescent antibody technique; disease diagnosis; plate count; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); urinary tract diseases; nervous system diseases; eye diseases
- ... This study's objective was to determine whether a relationship exists between infection or seropositivity to Bartonella species and clinical illness in cats. Blood samples were obtained for Bartonella species isolation and immunofluorescent antibody serology from 298 cats presenting to a tertiary referral hospital. Medical records were searched and the history, physical examination findings and th ...
- Kasten, Rick W., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Comparative immunology, microbiology, and infectious diseases 2012 v.35 no.1 pp. 9-15
- Bartonella vinsonii; DNA; Rhipicephalus sanguineus; adults; dogs; egg masses; eggs; feces; females; genotype; inoculum; ticks; tube feeding
- ... It has been speculated that ticks may serve as vectors of Bartonella species. Circumstantial, clinical, epidemiological and serological evidence suggest that B. vinsonii subspecies berkhoffii (B. v. berkhoffii) might be transmitted by Rhipicephalus sanguineus. The purpose of the present study was to determine whether adult R. sanguineus ticks can be infected with a B. v. berkhoffii genotype II iso ...