Jump to Main Content
- Kata, S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Animal genetics 2001 v.32 no.2 pp. 102-104
- cattle; chromosome mapping; genes; genetic markers; microsatellite repeats; linkage (genetics); nucleic acid hybridization
- ... The pseudoautosomal region (PAR) of bovine chromosome X (BTA X) has a particularly low representation of genes and markers, making comparative gene mapping in this region difficult. We describe the localization of three genes, colony-stimulating factor 2 receptor alpha (CSF2RA), ADP/ATP translocase 3 (ANT3) and steroid sulphatase (STS) on PAR of BTA X using a 5000 rad whole-genome radiation hybrid ...
- Kata, S., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2002 v.99 no.14 pp. 9300-9305
- lysine; loci; haplotypes; enzyme polymorphism; alanine; dairy breeds; dairy cattle; amino acid sequences; milk fat percentage; exons; quantitative traits; introns; breeding value; acyltransferases
- ... DGAT1 encodes diacylglycerol O-acyltransferase (EC 22.214.171.124), a microsomal enzyme that catalyzes the final step of triglyceride synthesis. It became a functional candidate gene for lactation traits after studies indicated that mice lacking both copies of DGAT1 are completely devoid of milk secretion, most likely because of deficient triglyceride synthesis in the mammary gland. Our mapping studies ...
- PubMed Central: