Jump to Main Content
- Kavasi, Norbert, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Analytical chemistry 2019 v.91 no.4 pp. 2964-2969
- freshwater lakes; ionization; mass spectrometry; radiometry; radionuclides; reference standards; sediments; spectrometers; stable isotopes; strontium
- ... In this work, a new ⁹⁰Sr analysis method was developed using the Isotopx Ltd., Phoenix X62 thermal ionization mass spectrometer (TIMS). Excellent ion beam sensitivity was demonstrated with the detection of 1 mBq (0.2 fg) ⁹⁰Sr on a Daly ion-counting system. The abundance sensitivity for the ⁹⁰Sr/⁸⁸Sr ratio was 2.1 × 10–¹⁰, and this could ensure measurement of 100 Bq·kg–¹ (19 fg·g–¹) ⁹⁰Sr in an envi ...
- Kavasi, Norbert, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 392-403
- accidents; aluminum; biotite; cesium; desorption; exchangeable aluminum; exchangeable magnesium; exchangeable potassium; exchangeable sodium; groundwater; ion exchange; kaolinite; magnesium; nuclear power; polluted soils; potassium; power plants; radionuclides; smectite; sodium; soil sampling; soil water; sorption; strontium; Japan
- ... PURPOSE: Huge amounts of radiocesium, radiostrontium, and fission products were released into the atmosphere during the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant (FDNPP) accident. Therefore, it is necessary to determine the distribution coefficient of Cs and Sr in the soil-water system around FDNPP from the viewpoint of their migration. MATERIALS AND METHODS: The determination of sorption coefficient ...