Jump to Main Content
- Kennedy, Matthew J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2018 v.540 pp. 158-166
- colloids; fire fighting; foaming; foams; liquids; microparticles; models; sodium dodecyl sulfate; velocimetry; weighing devices
- ... Interstitial flows at the middle height of a freely draining foam column were measured by microparticle image velocimetry (μPIV), and superficial flow was measured from the bottom of the foam by a digital weighing scale. In addition, Plateau border widths were measured from the μPIV images. Plateau borders were selected for μPIV particle-tracking analysis based on their orientation being nearly ve ...
- Kennedy, Matthew J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biochemistry 2016 v.55 no.37 pp. 5264-5271
- binding capacity; blue light; dissociation; half life; neurons; point mutation; transmembrane proteins
- ... Inducible dimers are powerful tools for controlling biological processes through colocalizing signaling molecules. To be effective, an inducible system should have a dissociation constant in the “off” state that is greater (i.e., weaker affinity) than the concentrations of the molecules that are being controlled, and in the “on” state a dissociation constant that is less (i.e., stronger affinity) ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kennedy, Matthew J., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects 2015 v.470 pp. 268-279
- diffusivity; drainage; fire fighting; foaming; foams; ingredients; perfluorocarbons; physical properties; sodium dodecyl sulfate; surface tension; surfactants
- ... We have quantified the dynamics of bubble coarsening in some commercial firefighting foams. These multi-component foams contain unique chemical formulations leading to different coarsening and drainage behaviors. We show that these firefighting foams, some of which contain fluorocarbon surfactants and one of which contains only fluorine-free ingredients, as well as single-component, relatively wel ...