Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: maria?
- Kholodova, Marina, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2015 v.42 no.11 pp. 2197-2208
- Alces alces; Bayesian theory; anthropogenic activities; autocorrelation; genetic techniques and protocols; genetic variation; landscapes; microsatellite repeats; population; population dynamics; secondary contact; species diversity; ungulates; Finland; Northern European region; Scandinavia
- ... AIM: To determine whether a contemporary population of the moose (Alces alces), a large northern ungulate, retains genetic signatures of post‐glacial recolonization and/or the effects of anthropogenic factors. We focused on investigating spatial genetic structure and the distribution of genetic diversity of this species to clarify its still obscure history. LOCATION: Eastern Fennoscandia, Northern ...
- Kholodova, Marina V., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Molecular ecology 2010 v.19 no.22 pp. 4863-4875
- Bayesian theory; antelopes; extinction; genetic drift; genetic variation; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; population size; steppes; Central Asia; France; Northwest Territories; USSR
- ... Prior to the Holocene, the range of the saiga antelope (Saiga tatarica) spanned from France to the Northwest Territories of Canada. Although its distribution subsequently contracted to the steppes of Central Asia, historical records indicate that it remained extremely abundant until the end of the Soviet Union, after which its populations were reduced by over 95%. We have analysed the mitochondria ...