Jump to Main Content
- Khouri, Michel, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2020 v.192 no.5 pp. 301
- Landsat; aerial photography; air temperature; aquaculture; landscapes; microclimate; parallel evolution; ponds; remote sensing; surface temperature; watersheds; France
- ... Ponds, as landscape features, are known to regulate climate. Since ponds proliferate or recede due to natural or anthropogenic factors, a variation of pond numbers implies a variation of their climatic effect. Accordingly, this study investigates the impact of ponds on the local climate of the French Claise watershed. The latter was chosen because it contains a pond dense zone and a pondless zone. ...
- Khouri, Michel, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Catena 2019 v.176 pp. 264-278
- USDA; United Nations; anthropogenic activities; basins; case studies; desertification; inventories; land classification; land degradation; land use and land cover maps; neutralization; planning; remote sensing; runoff; soil conservation; soil types; sustainable development; watersheds; Lebanon; Mediterranean region
- ... Recognized by the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) as a global developmental and environmentally threatening process, land degradation (LD) is initiated by natural factors but aggravated by unsustainable anthropogenic activities and absence of proper management plans. Therefore, in response to the UN 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development for restoring degraded lands, th ...