Jump to Main Content
- Killinger, Alexis H., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2019 v.78 pp. 204-214
- X-radiation; ammonia; ammonium chloride; byproducts; chlorine; chloroform; disinfection; drinking water; exposure duration; iodine; organic matter; pH; toxicity; trichloroacetic acid
- ... Chloramines, in practice, are formed onsite by adding ammonia to chlorinated drinking water to achieve the required disinfection. While regulated disinfection byproducts (DBPs) are reduced during chloramine disinfection, other DBPs such as iodinated (iodo-) DBPs, that elicit greater toxicity are formed. The objective of this study was to investigate the impact of prechlorination time on the format ...
- Killinger, Alexis H., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Chemosphere 2018 v.202 pp. 349-357
- chlorination; chlorine; chloroform; fluorescence; iodine; organic carbon; oxidants; pH; trichloroacetic acid; Ohio
- ... Iopamidol is a known direct precursor to iodinated and chlorinated DBP formation; however, the influence of iopamidol on both iodo/chloro-DBP formation has yet to be fully investigated. This study investigated the effect of iopamidol on the formation and speciation of halogen-specific total organic halogen (TOX), as well as iodo/chloro-DBPs, in the presence of 3 source waters (SWs) from Northeast ...