Jump to Main Content
- Kilwinski, Jochen, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Food and environmental virology 2019 v.11 no.1 pp. 1-8
- Orthohepevirus A; pork; silica; humans; hepatitis E; liver sausage; food matrix; surveys; swine; wild boars; genotype; outbreak investigation; RNA; homogenization; Europe
- ... Increasing numbers of hepatitis E cases are currently recognized in many European countries. The zoonotic hepatitis E virus (HEV) genotype 3 mainly circulates in domestic pigs and wild boars, and can be transmitted to humans via consumption of insufficiently heated meat or meat products produced from those animals. Here, a detailed protocol for detection of HEV RNA in meat products is provided, wh ...
- Kilwinski, Jochen, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Veterinary microbiology 2016 v.183 pp. 78-84
- matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization mass spectrometry; immunosuppression; ionization; ribosomal DNA; Canine morbillivirus; bacteria; Nocardia veterana; pathogenesis; sequence analysis; humans; minimum inhibitory concentration; dogs; antibiotic resistance; nocardiosis; anti-infective agents; therapeutics; nucleotide sequences; death; dyspnea; bovine mastitis; desorption; Brazil
- ... Among pathogenic Nocardia species in humans and animals, infections caused by Nocardia (N.) veterana have rarely been described and so far, all non-human cases are linked to bovine mastitis in Brazil. The aim of this study was to identify the causative microorganism involved in the death of a three-month-old dog suffering from dyspnea and neurological deficits ante mortem. Pathomorphological inves ...