Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Hee‐Bal, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Animal science journal = 2017 v.88 no.1 pp. 140-148
- Holstein; biochemical pathways; blood serum; cortisol; dairy heifers; fatty acid composition; free fatty acids; haptoglobins; immune response; monocytes; pregnancy; road transportation; secretion; triacylglycerols
- ... This study examined the effects of road transportation on metabolic and immunological responses in dairy heifers. Twenty Holstein heifers in early pregnancy were divided into non‐transported (NT; n = 7) and transported (T; n = 13) groups. Blood was collected before transportation (BT), immediately after transportation for 100 km (T1) and 200 km (T2), and 24 h after transportation (AT). The T heife ...
- Kim, Hee-Bal, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2012 v.78 no.9 pp. 3098-3107
- Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar Typhimurium; bile acids; genes; hosts; mutagenesis; mutants; phenotype; prediction
- ... As more whole-genome sequences become available, there is an increasing demand for high-throughput methods that link genes to phenotypes, facilitating discovery of new gene functions. In this study, we describe a new version of the Tn-seq method involving a modified EZ:Tn5 transposon for genome-wide and quantitative mapping of all insertions in a complex mutant library utilizing massively parallel ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kim, Hee Bal, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Molecular biology reports 2014 v.41 no.9 pp. 6305-6315
- adhesion; adults; breeds; databases; gene expression regulation; genes; immune response; intramuscular fat; meat quality; morphogenesis; musculoskeletal system; non-coding RNA; protein binding; statistical analysis; swine; transcriptomics
- ... Pork is a major source of animal protein for humans. The subcutaneous, intermuscular and the intramuscular fat are the factors responsible for meat quality. RNA-seq is rapidly adopted for the profiling of the transcriptomes in the studies related to gene regulation. The discovery of differentially expressed genes (DEGs) between adult animals of Jeju Native Pig (JNP) and Berkshire breeds are of par ...