Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Kiju, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Research in veterinary science 2019 v.123 pp. 192-194
- Porcine circovirus-2; coat proteins; immunity; inactivated vaccines; interferon-gamma; liveweight gain; neutralizing antibodies; rearing; recombinant proteins; swine; wasting syndrome; weight gain
- ... Porcine circovirus type 2 (PCV2) causes porcine circovirus-associated disease, which is characterized by systemic wasting syndrome, including respiratory problems worldwide. Most commercial PCV2 vaccines are derived from recombinant capsid protein or inactivated whole-virus. We compared average daily weight gain, interferon-γ, and neutralizing antibody levels of a recombinant protein vaccine and a ...
- Kim, Kiju, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Vaccine 2016 v.34 no.2 pp. 237-244
- Brucella melitensis biovar Abortus; bovine brucellosis; cell-mediated immunity; genes; live vaccines; macrophages; mice; mutants; spleen; splenomegaly; vaccination; virulence
- ... We constructed double deletion (ΔcydCΔcydD and ΔcydCΔpurD) mutants from virulent Brucella abortus biovar 1 field isolate (BA15) by deleting the genes encoding an ATP-binding cassette-type transporter (cydC and cydD genes) and a phosphoribosylamine–glycine ligase (purD). Both BA15ΔcydCΔcydD and BA15ΔcydCΔpurD double-mutants exhibited significant attenuation of virulence when assayed in murine macro ...